Why Should You Consider Using Google My Business
Millions of people use Google to search for all types of information. Whether it is prices, menus, reviews, coffee shops (you get the point right?). So, it is safe to assume we have been in a situation where we have searched ‘something (i.e. coffee shops) near me’ when looking for somewhere to go but aren’t sure where – its a practical option, we rely on Google a lot.
This is why it is important for your business to be as “searchable” as possible, to be as optimized for Google as possible. It is a great way to increase your chances of getting more potential customers. A perk of Google My Business is that it is a useful tool for all sorts of companies from startups to large-scale businesses, making it easy for people to find them.
Creating, verifying, and making sure your Google My Business account is properly optimized is an easy opportunity for your company to take. Definitely a valuable opportunity for your organic search rankings – especially since a lot of people are using their phones while they are on the go.
So, What Is Google My Business?
Well.. According to Google: “Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. If you verify and edit your business information, you can both help customers find your business and tell them your story.”
So, why should I consider using Google My Business?
You Become Highly Visible as you Appear in Maps and Local Pack Listings
The Local Pack is the first thing a searcher sees once typing up the query and The Local Pack takes up a large amount of space on the SERP. The searcher will see the majority of information they are looking for at a glance. It includes potential information someone may be searching for such as the location on a map, contact numbers, store hours, ratings and more.
You can Stay Active and Up-To-Date.
You can update and engage with searchers by adding pictures and videos, responding to questions and reviews. By doing this you create a sense of trust and authority.
The power of reviews is powerful and people tend to trust them. Many people rely on what others are saying as well as their previous experience when making a decision. Especially, because they weren’t paid by the company to leave their opinion there, making what they say feel credible.
Positive reviews help increase your search ranking and credibility but negative reviews can also be beneficial as you can see what your clients are thinking and make rational business decisions by taking that input into consideration.
Google My Business Provides Insights (Views, Search Queries, Engagement, Audience & Website Clicks)
Taking the information from these insights are helpful in creating strategies.
- GMB can show you the number of views that your business profile, photos, and posts are getting. You can see if what you are posting is working or not.
- GMB shows you what people are searching (their keywords) to find your listing. You can use this to understand how users find you and which keywords are relevant to your online presence and how you can use it to gain more traffic.
- GMB can show you just how your audience is interacting with your posts.You can see the posts they like to share and their comments on it. This helps you see which content people have an interest in.
- GMB shows you your audience – the type of people that follow you. You can see their gender, their age, where they are from and use this information to help you build campaigns
- It can also show you the number of clicks you get to your website.
Google summarizes it in a lovely way. The benefits of GMB is that you can manage your information, you can interact with customers and you can understand and expand your presence.
If you are looking for assistance in SEO, Google My Business, or Digital Marketing feel free to fill in the form below and we will get back to you!