A Step-By-Step Guide on How to Setup eCommerce Tracking on a WordPress Website
Lets put first things first;
You are not using Google Analytics properly if you do not have some sort of eCommerce tracking setup.
Ecommerce tracking is a valuable tool as it populates Google Analytics with a ton of helpful and insightful transaction data. It allows you to understand how long visitors spend on your site, how many sessions they made on your website, where your sales are coming from (and where they not coming from), as well as product performance, time to purchase, average order value and various monthly sales stats. This is important as over time you are able to pick up on profitable trends that you would not normally see as they are hidden deep in the data.
So how do we install Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking?
1. Enable Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce in Google Analytics.
(Click on “Admin” in the bottom left corner of GA.
Then go to the “View” column and look for “Ecommerce Settings”.
Click enable on both Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce.)
2. As you click enable for Enhanced Ecommerce, “Checkout Labelling” will appear with potential funnel steps. (It is recommended to name your funnel steps as below.)
Step 1: Checkout View
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Proceed to Payment
3. Now go to your website’s WordPress account.
4. Click on “Plugin” and “Add New”.
5. Click on the “Search Plugins” search bar and type in “Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce” and install the below plugin.
7. You are now ready to submit.
8. Reap the rewards of your new Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking!